Tuesday

Health Code

Today my friends and I tried a new restaurant out, and it was good.... But after we finished eating, I saw a roach run across the floor! Of course, I won't be eating there again. Do you realize that modern health code is actually a fairly recent development? In fact, there didn't even used to be a health code. There was a woman in England a few hundred years ago who made ale in her chicken house, and just let the droppings fall into it. And turn-of-the-19th-century meat packing was disgusting. Today, we have health code and inspectors and laws to prevent that kind of thing and protect the public health, which is a good thing, because roaches are gross!

It looks like no one's found my blog yet. That's OK though, I just got started, and I'm sure I'll have lots of readers someday. :)

2 comments:

  1. sounds gross! what restaurant was that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It had kind of a weird name, I can't pronounce it, or quite remember how it was spelled. I couldn't figure out how to say the names of most of the things on the menu, either.

    ReplyDelete